Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do we get to Helsinki?
Helsinki can be reached easily from anywhere in the world.
By plane: Helsinki Airport serves around two hundred international flights everyday. Finnair’s route network covers over 1000 destinations in 150 countries
worldwide and the airline, together with its partner airlines, operates direct flights from Helsinki to North America and Asia. Finnair also flies to over forty cities
in Europe. The trip from the airport to the city takes only around 30 minutes.
By ferry: There are daily ferry services to Helsinki from Estonia and Sweden as well as Germany. All the ferry companies also offer the possibility to take a car
Please always check before travelling the current coronavirus and entry restrictions from the authorities of each country.
2. How much is the tournament fee?
The participation fees are for B/G7, B/G8, B/G9 series 395 €. For girls series (G10-G13) 430 €, For girls series (G14-G18 and G14H-G18) 450€, for boys series (B10-B13 8v8 and B14-15H 8v8) 455€ and (B14-B17 and B14-15H 11v11) 475€.
3. What is the Helsinki Cup tournament package and what does it include?
The Helsinki Cup tournament package is the best way for your group to coordinate all of your tournament arrangements.
The tournament package includes:
- Hotel accommodation
- Meals of your choice throughout the tournament
- Helsinki Region Transport (HSL) travel cards with unrestricted access to Helsinki’s public transit system
- Helsinki Cup guide services during the tournament week
- Matches as close to accommodation as possible
4. What are the tournament hotels and where are they situated?
Helsinki Cup offers quality hotel accommodation through its partner hotels at Scandic and Holiday Inn hotels.
- All of the hotels are located close to downtown Helsinki, some in the heart of the city and immediate vicinity of the playing fields.
- In fact, most tournament venues and fields are within a convenient distance from the hotels and commuting by public transport is easy
- with the HSL travel cards and Helsinki Cup guide services included in the tournament package.
- Accommodation is available in rooms for 1 to 4 guests, including amenities.
- All of the hotel packages include a full Scandinavian buffet breakfast each morning.
- Family members and other fans and followers are just as welcome to stay at Helsinki Cup’s partner hotels at the same tournament rates as the teams
See more information about the hotels on our accommodation page.
5. When do the matches start and when do they finish?
The tournament starts on Monday morning at 8 am. Last matches are played at 9 pm. We take into account that the matches on each day are near to each other so that the team has free time in the morning or in the evening.
6. Where are the matches played?
Most tournament venues and fields are within a convenient distance from the hotels. The closest fields are within a walking distance and
for the farest field commuting by public transport is easy with the HSL travel cards that are included in the tournament package.
7. Where is the tournament restaurant and what kind of food do they serve there?
The tournament restaurant is situated in Helsinki. The food is mostly pasta and there is a vegetarian option everyday. It’s basically school food what kitchens serve for kids at school in Helsinki.
8. What does Helsinki Cup guide services mean?
Helsinki Cup guide services are available for teams that have booked the tournament package.
The guides will assist teams with getting from accommodation to the playing fields and they will also help with any questions that you might have regarding the tournament. The guides will be located at the hotels from where they will assist the teams during the tournament.
9. What is the Love the Ball Center?
Love the Ball Center locate is in Käpylä,
right in the middle of Helsinki Cup. It
offers a variety of entertainment and a
great atmosphere throughout the tournament for players, their parents and
everyone else travelling with the group.
At the event stage teams can relax,
prepare for future matches, enjoy the
cafe’s refreshing drinks and snacks and
explore the exhibitions of our tournament partners. Recharge your batteries
and enjoy the positive energy at the
Love the Ball Center!
10. Is there an Opening Ceremony?
The Helsinki Cup Tournament Parade is on Tuesday. Parade starts from center of Helsinki and ends to Olympic Stadium. Schedule will be published later.
11. Is there a disco?
Helsinki Cup festival is located at Love The Ball Center, Käpylä.
IIt’s on Wednesday 12th. Door opens 18:30 and festival starts 19:00. Festival ends at the latest 21:00.
12. What is the Helsinki Cup wristband?
Participants in the Helsinki Cup will receive their own tournament wristband.
The wristband allows entry into the final matches on Friday and Saturday. One funny thing to do is go to Korkeasaari Zoo with free entrance. More information from here.
13. Is it possible to play friendlies?
If the team is arriving earlier than the tournament starts for them (girls) or if they are disqualified earlier than their departure date, Helsinki Cup will try to arrage friendlies with other teams with same situation. The teams have to pay only the referee fee.
Helsinki Cup Tournament App!
Helsinki Cup application gives an access to the tournament benefits. Updated version available soon!